I am currently working with regional developer who are currently recruiting for a Buyer to join their growing team based in London. They build high quality 2/3/4 bed homes in London and the South East.
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Materials Buyer to support the head of procurement. They are looking for someone who has a solid permanent work background and who has experience working for a residential developer and who is commercially aware. It is essential that you have knowledge of new building processes.
- Responsible for procuring materials within budgets in time to progress works on site.
- Responsible for monthly budgetary control reports on materials purchased for each site.
- Required to assist the estimating department with obtaining pre-tender quotations and resolving material specification issues.
- Responsible for compliance with the clients Environmental, Security and disabled requirements.
- Procures customer care related materials.
- Responsible for procuring and hiring plant required on site including cabins, forklifts, fencing, cranes and transport etc.
- Responsible for resolving account queries with suppliers that the accounts department have failed to resolve through normal procedures.
- Responsible for resolving disputes between suppliers and the company.
- Ideally at least 3 years of buying experience working with a residential developer
- Knowledge of current pricing levels.
- Sound knowledge of construction techniques, Building Standards, Environmental and disability standards